Vary, ranging from $37,930 to $58,000*
*Based on local industry information.
PROUD SUPPORTERS OF OUR PROGRAM
- R & L Global Logistics Inc.
- Windy Hill Foliage Inc.
- CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion
- Jiffy Transport Inc.
- Marion County Board of County Commissioners – Fleet Management
- Capris Furniture
- Raney’s Truck Center
Commercial Vehicle Driving Master Plan of Instruction
(PDF – opens in a new window)
- Vehicle safety
- Basic and hazardous driving skills
- Handling equipment and cargo
- Dealing with various transmissions
- Operating regulations and documentation procedures
- Pre-trip, preparation, and maintenance
- Backing, docking, and maneuvering
Commercial Driver’s License Class “A”
(Passing grade of final pre-trip, skills, and road test required to test for CDL license.)
- CDL Class-A driver
- CDL Class-B driver
20+ years of trucking experience, Instructor at MTC Since 2018.
20+ years of trucking experience, Retired Veteran, Instructor at MTC Since 2018.
18+ years of trucking experience, Instructor at MTC Since 2018.
STEPS TO ENROLLMENT
- COMPLETE AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO MARION TECHNICAL COLLEGE
- PROVIDE CERTIFIED COPY OF DMV COMPLETE DRIVING RECORD
- INTERVIEW WITH MTC STAFF
- SECURE FINANCIAL AID IF NEEDED
- ATTEND MANDATORY CDL PROGRAM ORIENTATION
- PREVIEW THE COURSE
- OBTAIN CLASS “A” LEARNERS PERMIT AND DOT PHYSICAL EXAM CERTIFICATE
- PASS DOT DRUG SCREENING