Social Media Statement
- The comments and postings on MTC social media pages do not necessarily reflect MTC opinions, strategies, or policies.
- Marion Technical College accepts no responsibility or liability for any materials or content generated by users and publicly posted on this pages or content on any website linked from this page.
- Anyone who believes that this page includes inappropriate content should report it to Ian McKiver at email@example.com.
- By posting content on this page, you represent, warrant, and agree that no content submitted, posted, transmitted, or shared by you will infringe upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy; or contain defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise unlawful material. MTC reserves the right to alter, delete or remove content without notice.
- The content of this page is subject to copyright laws. Unless you own the rights to the content, you may not reproduce, adapt, or communicate content without the written permission of the copyright owner nor use the content for commercial purposes.
- The content and postings of this page may be subject to the Florida Public Records Law and shall be disclosed to third parties when required by the statutes. (Fla. Stat. 119.01)
Social Media Policy 19-20
- All official Marion Technical College social networking pages must adhere to state and federal laws and regulations, and college policies. Only public information may be posted on official MTC social networking pages must not contain sensitive personal information, or other confidential information as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as applicable. Any sensitive personal information or other confidential information posted on an official MTC social networking pages must be removed by the site administrator as soon as practicality possible upon discovery.
- Our college is committed to fostering an educational environment that allows for freedoms of speech and expression in accordance with the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. However, the college will not tolerate any activity or posting on an official Marion Technical College social networking page that loses First Amendment protection such as any unlawful, defamatory, or obscene (as defined by Florida and federal law) activity or posting. The college reserves the right to remove any such posting without notice. The college also reserves the right to refer social media activity to the applicable social media platform and/or appropriate authorities for appropriate action
- All official MTC social networking pages must respect intellectual property rights, federal Copyright law and college policies.
- Employee Use – When using social media as a part of their official duties, and/or when presenting oneself in social media setting as a Marion Technical College representative, employees must comply with applicable college policies governing employee behavior and district policies of acceptable use of electronics and information resources.
- Primary administrative rights for official MTC social networking pages will be assigned only to designated administrators. Official Marion Technical College social networking pages will have a minimum of two administrators to ensure that the site is consistently managed. Should one administrator be unavailable, the second assigned administrator will manage the site. At least one of the two administrators should be a permanent MTC employee.
- All official Marion Technical College social networking pages must comply with any approved applicable MTC branding standards.
- Records Retention – Content posted by the college or the public on an official Marion Technical College social networking page is a state record and is subject to the state of Florida Records Retention requirements unless it is content duplicated from another source or transitory information of temporary usefulness. All official Marion Technical College social networking administrators are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable record retention requirements for content posted on their sites.