Marion County Building Industry Association (MCBIA) in partnership with Marion Technical College has developed this program to prepare apprentices for a rewarding career in this growing local industry. This program includes 40 hours per week full-time employment, classroom learning, and hands-on training to provide a complete learning experience for students.
This class includes OSH A safety training and NCCER Carpentry curriculum, and will be taught by a certified instructor. The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER ) is nationally recognized by industry and government as the training, assessment, certification and career development standard for construction.
576 hours classroom (evening)
Classes meet two evenings per week, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
$500 (includes: program cost, application fee, and certification exam fee)
NCCER Carpentry Level 1, NCCER Carpentry, Level 2, NCCER Carpentry Level 3, and NCCER Carpentry Level 4, all 5th Edition
NCCER Carpentry Online Testing
Must be employed by a MCBIA contractor. Qualified applicants will be referred to eligible contractors.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Applicants must be in good health and physically able to perform work requirements.
• Possess at least a Standard High School Diploma or H.S. Diploma through a GED program. (Submit official transcript).
• Must possess a current, valid driver’s license with picture I.D. and provide a copy of Florida Driving Record.
• Must be drug free.
• MCBIA will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.
• MCBIA will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.