Marion Technical College has partnered with the Florida Masonry Apprentice & Education Foundation, Inc. to develop the Brick and Block Masonry Apprenticeship program for Marion and surrounding counties. The local need for brick and block masons has grown significantly due to the improvements in the economy. Classes are only eight hours per week, and allow students to gain knowledge and learn the theories concerning masonry. Students will earn an OSHA 10 Construction safety card, and NCCER Masonry credentialing through this program.
480 hours of classroom training (evening)
Classes meet 2nd and 4th Saturdays each month, 7:30am to 3:30pm
• Standard or GED is required
• Possess a valid State of Florida driver’s license.
• Employed by a participating local masonry contractor.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be drug free.
• Provide a resume’ of work experience.
• Contact Masonry Association of Florida, Inc. to apply
Marion Technical College East Campus – Construction Lab
No Tuition Cost / Apprenticeship Books (Estimate): $ 500.
(Weekend Class Only)
TOTAL COST: $500.00
*Textbooks not included in program cost and must be purchased through a third-party vendor.
NCCER online testing