Ability-to-Benefit Application and Enrollment Procedure
An individual who applies to a program under the Ability-to-Benefit provision must take the following steps:
- Call Student Services to find out how to schedule the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST).
- Once the prospective student has received the results of their assessment, and has a completed application they will set up an appointment for an interview with the guidance and career counselor, and/or program personnel.
- After acceptance into a program, the instructor of the program will provide periodic reports of student progress in each occupational completion point to the Program Coordinator/Manager.A copy of all reports and records pertaining to an Ability-to-Benefit student will be maintained by the Student Services Department.
- If the student is in need of additional skill remediation services, the Guidance Counselor will work with the student to secure tutoring and/or additional assistance as needed.
- The Guidance Counselor will be responsible to set up an exit interview with the Ability-to-Benefit student(s) to evaluate the procedures used for admission and monitoring of student achievement and seek suggestions for improving service to future students.