Whether you’ve been discharged from the military or are still on active duty, Marion Technical College has the tools you need to achieve the education you want.
The transition from soldier to student can be difficult, but we’re here to help to make it as convenient and stress-free as possible. We’re ready to help you take the next step forward.
Veteran Approved Programs
We provide an array of programs that can propel your future career. Veterans and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans have the opportunity to attend our school with educational assistance provided by the government. Programs that are certifiable at our college for veteran’s educational benefits include:
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Commercial Foods and Culinary Arts/Professional Culinary Arts and Hospitality
- Database Application Development and Programming
- Emergency Medical Technician – ATD
- Fire Fighting
- Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical Technician (Combined)
- Medical Clinical Laboratory Technician – ATD (MCLT)
- Nails Specialty
- Nursing Assistant – Long-Term Care (CNA)
- Technology Support Services
- Welding Technology and Welding Technology Advanced
These programs are tailored to bring you up to speed on these ever-evolving businesses and industries. You’ll have all the education you need to go into a career track with the utmost confidence.
In order to receive the educational assistance, you must fulfill some requirements. The requirements are reasonable, and they’re set in place to help you achieve your goals. They include:
- Maintain an overall 90% attendance
- Keep a minimum “C” average
- Refrain from taking a leave of absence
- Fill out a satisfactory academic progress (SAP) each semester
- Complete the program within the specified program timeframe
Students’ benefits will discontinue if they stop making progress towards completion of the training objective. Marion Technical College and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs are here to help you.
If you’re unsure of your eligibility, submit an application with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or call 1-888-442-4551, which will connect you to the nearest VA regional office.