COURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY 2016 – 2017
Marion Technical College has a fair and equitable refund policy for the refund of tuition, fees, and other charges that is uniformly administered and is published in the MTC catalog. This policy complies with the guidelines published by the Council on Occupational Education (COE) and Federal Title IV regulations.
Tuition refunds for MTC students leaving prior to program completion are based on the following refund policy:
- In the event of class cancellation, all tuition and fees will be refunded within 30 days of the scheduled class start date.
- If a student formally withdraws before the first scheduled day of instruction, all tuition and fees excluding the $20.00 application fee and any fees paid for items already received by the student, will be refunded.
- For Community Education Fee Based courses: No refund will be given after the first class meeting.
- For Adult Education courses, no refund will be given after the 5th class meeting after initial enrollment for the term.
- For Continuing Workforce (CWE) classes: If a student withdraws before completing two (2) days of a scheduled CWE class, a refund will be given within 30 days with or without a written request from the student. No refunds are made after the second class meeting or for fees of $10.00 or less.
- For PSAV and Adult Education programs: If a student withdraws before completing five (5) days of the first scheduled course in that payment/enrollment term, a refund will be given within 30 days with a request from the student. A processing fee of $50.00 will be retained on all PSAV refunds. No refunds are made after the 5th class meeting in a given term or for fees of $10.00 or less.
- Students who have not visited the school facility prior to enrollment will have the opportunity to withdraw without penalty following, either attendance at a regularly scheduled orientation or following a tour of the facilities and inspection of the equipment. The $20.00 application fee is non-refundable.
- No refunds will be given for administratively withdrawn students.
- Online Refund Policy: All cancellations of class enrollment must occur prior to five (5) business days before the start of the scheduled class to receive a full refund. Individuals cancelling enrollment within the (5) day period preceding the start of a scheduled class will be assessed a $50.00 processing fee. The remainder of the class fee will be refunded to the individual via the same credit card used to pay for the class.
- A student who is called or enlists in active military service shall not incur academic or financial penalties by performing military service on behalf of our country.
- For students receiving Title IV financial aid, federal regulations also apply.
- Fees for all classes in a respective term(s) are due (a) at the time of registration and/or (b) on the date(s) set by a Tuition Installment Plan (TIP).
- Fees for uniforms, drug screening and tools, kits or equipment are non-refundable.